- Science is the way of observation, theoretical explanation as well experimentation by the systematic study and investigation of natural phenomena and occurrences.
- Science is a vast field and Everything in the universe can be studied under the field of science. Science is all about discovery, inventions and creative thinking.
- Science is the most popular stream for students because it gives lot of future career options such as medicine, engineering, scientist, research facilities and so on.
- Science leads to progressive and remarkable developments. Science is used to find the cure to so many diseases, raise awareness, and it has created infinite possibilities for us.
- Science teaches everything from human body to space to universe that will never get bored. Lot of broad opportunities are available for learning many things and new things in science.
- It gives you excellent problem-solving abilities and a whole host of extremely transferable skills.
Who Are Eligible For This Stream
The science stream is often preferred by those who are interested to study professional courses after 12th like B.Sc, M.B.B.S., M.Sc., engineering, PhD. and so on.
- Students should bag good marks in 10th class to get admission in science stream of 11th in intermediate because in India, intermediate colleges or +2 schools give admissions based on good grade due to the demand of this stream.
What Are The Subjects in SCIENCE Stream
The primary subjects in science stream are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
- Among other subjects, English is compulsory while the other language subject is left for choice.
- There are also practical labs along with theory, which calls for a lot of hard work for students in this stream.
There are mainly two branches in this stream, namely,
- Medical Stream &
- Non- Medical Stream.
In India, Physics and Chemistry are compulsory subjects in science stream. You can choose one as a third compulsory subject from the Mathematics and Biology as choosing between these two has great importance.
- The main subject covered under medical stream are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. (which is called BiPC or PCB) English is a mandatory language subject that all students have to choose irrespective of their stream which already mentioned above..
- Whoever interests in a medical field and wants to know more about functioning of human body, other organisms and a Biological approach for understanding universe, will have to include Biology along with Physics and Chemistry as your core subject combination.
- If you choose Biology then you will be in the career field like Medical, Bio-technology, Agricultural Bio-technology, Geology, Zoology, Forensic Science, Microbiology and Food Technology etc.
Non Medical Stream:
- The main subject covered Non Medical Stream are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (which is called MPC or PCM) English is a mandatory language subject that all students have to choose irrespective of their stream which already mentioned above..
- Whoever interests in engineering field and wants to know more about scientific research, finding solutions to technical problems will have to include Mathematics along with Physics and Chemistry as your core subject combination.
- If you choose Mathematics then you will be in the career field like engineering streams like electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, space scientist, civil, computers science, petrochemical, automobile etc and enter into Pharmacy/Biotechnology stream. Lot of engineering branches are available in India So that you can choose any one in that
However, there are also other career options in Science stream PCMB/MBPC AND PCMC( AND READ ABOUT IT………)