- Commerce stream is another good option after 10th. If you have strong mathematics and analytical abilities, then, Commerce would be the best choice for you.
- Commerce course covers basically accounting, economics and related subjects relevant to trade and business.
- A lot of opportunities are available for selecting the commerce stream.
- Students can choose fields related to business, banking, trade, finance accounts, chartered accountancy, economics, banking, management and many more as your career option in commerce stream.
Duration of the Course: 2years
Eligibility for this course: 10th class and who interest in mathematics and business and accounts an calculations
Benefits of the Commerce Stream
- After 12th, Students from a commerce background are eligible to apply for Humanities/Arts stream also in college as the eligibility criteria for most humanities courses are English.
- Commerce will open the world of finance and management for students. A commerce student can make his/her career in different fields like Banker, Financial Analyst, Manager, Accountant, Professor, Financial executive as well professional fields of CA, ICWA, CS and many more.
- There are lots of opportunities in India in this field due to the economic liberation and growth.
Further studies /scope of this course:
- The popular graduate courses after 12th for the commerce stream are BBA, B.Com, BMS, CFA, CFP, CA, BBM, ICWA, CS and more.
- Hence, if you have a natural inclination towards mathematics and analytics, you should prefer taking up commerce field.
- A student has to take total six subjects along with English and one additional subject during their 11 and 12 standard.
- The core subjects in the commerce stream are Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics, and Computers.
- English is compulsory language subject and you have one more language subject as optional.
- Mostly major commerce colleges offer subjects such as Accounting, Informatics, Business economics, financial accounting, Business communication, statics Marketing, Business law, Business finance, Auditing, Cost accounting, Income tax, etc. from which students has to choose their subject of interest.
courses offered/ who offers this course
- Commerce stream leads towards some of the highest paying jobs like accounts, Charted accountant(CA), Financial, Banking and many more.
- Lot of Job opportunities are available in the Govt. as well private jobs also and minimum eligibility criteria is Bachelor Degree.
- Common Govt. jobs are in Banks, Railway, tax department, SSC, Defense, Business man, ministry of various department etc. Where as Private jobs are BPO, KPO, Receptionist, private tutor and communication based jobs which are very demanding now a days.
- Commerce students can also join the Indian Economic Service or Indian Statistical Service. The Union Public Service Commission conducts the entrance exam to these services in November every year.
Availability of Scholarships: