- Intermediate is a Senior Secondary education(11th & 12th), and an intermediate course of two years duration, conducted by state education institutions or boards in India. This Pre-University course is also known as plus-two(+2) or intermediate course or higher secondary education.
- It is typically designed for preparation for higher education or for providing skills relevant to employment or both. This course is one of the options to get admission in an Indian university and this course must be passed which can be considered as a degree bridge course to prepare students for university education.
- To get a strong foundation for further studies like graduation or Bachelor’s Degree, Post graduation & etc., studying +2 or Intermediate is one of the options after 10th.
- The selection of the stream in +2 depends upon the student’s aptitude, grade and marks. But the most important factor is one’s keen interest in the subject and the purpose for selecting the course.
- The duration of course is 2 years
Who Offers This Course ?
- State Boards
- Central Board
- IGCSE…… To read for more Information about this courses….. Click here.
Central Board Of Secondary
Indian Certificate Secondary Education (ICSE)
International Baccalaureate (IB)
National Institute Of Open Schooling Board(NIOS)
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
Different boards offer this course. Each board has advantages & disadvantages and each board offers different courses. For more about this boards. (clink on the name in the image)
The courses in Higher Secondary Education (intermediate or +2) are divided into 3 streams in India. There are lot of groups in each stream according to each state of board education and the colleges offered.
The main or popular streams in Intermediate are