- Diploma courses are one of the good options for students who are looking for quick jobs and engineering studies after 10th.
- Diploma course is also known as Polytechnic course. Lot of courses are available in Diploma. E.g. electrical engineering, electronics engineering, civil engineering, Computer Science , IT engineering and etc.
- Students in engineering (Polytechnic) learns all the fundamental concepts of engineering
- Polytechnic is a diploma level course and it is equal to intermediate(12th).
There are two ways to earn a graduate degree in engineering
- One is two years of higher secondary education(12th) followed by four years of engineering program
- Three years of engineering education after three years of study in a polytechnic college.
That means you have to spend minimum 6 years in both ways to earn a graduate degree in engineering.
Who are Eligible for this course:
- 10th class students
- 12th or Intermediate students
- 12th vocational students
- ITI/ITC students
Note: Both 12th vocational students & ITI/ITC students enter into the Diploma course as a lateral entry ( means direct second year in Diploma)
How to get admission
- For getting admission in any Diploma course, students first have to clear a Diploma Entrance Test called JET(Joint Entrance Test).
- The Test is conducted by state entrance examinations boards. Each state call the test different names.. like JET, POLYCET, VOCLET.. etc.
- On the basis of rank in the test, College will be allotted. If you bag good rank in the test, better College will be allotted.
Duration of the Course: 2 – 3 years
- After studying Diploma, various career opportunities open for you in government sector as well in private sector. Some companies prefer to recruit polytechnic students rather than engineering students.
- In the government sector, these are the available opportunities. Railway jobs, Bank jobs, Union public service commission jobs, IOCL, OIL., L & T., DRDO., ECIL., BHEL, NTPC , BEL, Electricity department, Power grid, Lab Assistant in university, GAIL, etc.
- Private companies are also providing a great scale of employment. Diploma in Engineering is a better option who Thinks for Job because it provides immediate earning opportunities.
What are the further studies after Diploma or Polytechnic
After completing the three years of diploma,
- Students can study the B.tech/B.E by writing the Entrance examination as a lateral entry also(means direct second year in the engineering)
- Students can study AMIE and IETE also while doing job.
- Degree Courses also.